Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Just joined. Looking forward to learning more and seeing your rides.

Just bought a 2020 XP 1000 Crew with RC last Friday. As soon as I got it off the trailer and turned around it got hot and temp warning came on. Put it on trailer with front end higher to allow coolant to "drain" or "bleed" air out as one of my friends suggested. Now, it will only go about a mile before it starts getting hot again. I have not ever heard the fan come on. Called the local dealership, and they said that they've had several come through their shop that the Plugs were never connected. The guy could not explain to me where the location of said plug is other than "on the driver side." I'd like to try to fix it myself if it is a simple plug. Can anyone show me or more accurately tell me where the plug is?

TIA!

Matt

·
Registered
36 Posts
trace the wires from the fan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had traced the wires with what I could see (which wasn't much) prior to posting. Finally just caved on taking it apart a little, and discovered that my fan plug had NEVER BEEN PLUGGED IN!!! You'd think that would be something the factory or dealer wouldn't want to take a chance on?!

Plugged it in, and it started right up. Now I just need to get some more coolant since I had to bleed the lines out again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, my cousin’s brand new crew had the same issue. They had three in the dealership for the same issue that week. Sounds like someone slept on the job during assembly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's a real shame. Says something about Polaris quality control

1 - 5 of 5 Posts