Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a few gallons of gas from a gas can in my tank the other day and drove my 4x4 about 50 feet before it stalled. I instantly thought was it bad gas. It has alway ran great. I tried to start it 2 or 3 times, and it would start, but die out. I decided to pull the fuel pump an look inside the tank. Sure enough dark jelly looking stuff on the bottom of the tank. I drain the tank and wiped out all the crude. I ordered a new sock filter for the bottom of the fuel pump and installed the pump back in the tank. The pump runs and builds up pressure but it does not even try to start. I followed the fuel line and disconnected it from the manifold and then turn the pump on and a lot of fuel comes out. So the pump seems to be working. Do I need to bleed the fuel line some were else. It won’t even start now. Any help would be appreciated. I have a 2017 NorthStar 1000. It has about 5000 miles on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did find the problem but really had not much to do with the fuel system. Apparently the air cleaner was not seated properly and a lot of dirt and debris entered into the engine. The tube from the air cleaner box had an 1/8 of dirt adhering to the walls of the tube. My understanding is this is a common problem with the polarizes. At least the older one. They sense went to a round style air cleaner that is suppose to cure this problem. An expenses lesson for sure. The engine is toast! To replace it I was quoted about $5000.00.

• Sad
Reactions: CrazyElecE

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did find the problem but really had not much to do with the fuel system. Apparently the air cleaner was not seated properly and a lot of dirt and debris entered into the engine. The tube from the air cleaner box had an 1/8 of dirt adhering to the walls of the tube. My understanding is this is a common problem with the polarizes. At least the older one. They sense went to a round style air cleaner that is suppose to cure this problem. An expenses lesson for sure. The engine is toast! To replace it I was quoted about $5000.00.
You can buy an engine and replace it yourself or have yours rebuilt for much cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts