Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ranger 6x6
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to rebuild, and of course replace some parts like the frigging spring clip on the inner rear cups that are trashed.

Is stock my best bet, or are there other options out there that are heavier duty? If there are better options, any suggestions on manufacturers or vendors that'll carry the stuff?

Or should I just say the heck with it and replace the whole axle assembly with a stouter one?

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Often times it is cheaper to just get a whole axle once you figure time and money trying to make something work for a cv rebuild.

Super ATV Rhino 2.0 axles have been holding up well for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2014 Ranger 6x6
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm on the edge on rebuilding vs buying new. I'll check out those axles you mentioned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Honestly the 6x6 doesn’t have the horsepower to break the axles time well in the rear. The front axles are the ones that need to be the heavy duty ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2014 Ranger 6x6
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, thanks, good tip. I'm still going through the rears, but it looks like rebuilding will work fine. So far, haven't gotten into all of them yet. One thing I was thinking of was seeing if I can run the rear tire size on the fronts, and just run one spare. I know I can use a front spare for a rear if needed, but I'm thinking extra flotation isn't a bad thing, so running a wider tire looks like a good option. I guess I'd need some 2" forward A-arms to begin with, and that's also ok - one of the A-arms is bent in the front, needs to be replaced anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts