Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add more space on my ranger.. I am very handy with a welder and such. so fabricating something isn't an issue.. I'm looking for ideas and thoughts for a nice rack. Iv seen some that go over the roof and I really like those.. also looking for a good way to incorporate a bow holder into it.. any ideas would be great.. thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Custom Rack

I had looked all over for a good rack for my Polaris Ranger and could not find anything that I really liked. I decided to have Nathaniel Martin who owns Rock Springs Welding to build one. He has done my gates and always does a great job on whatever he builds. The problem with the Ranger is that it is difficult to haul anything very long. I cut limbs on my trails with a pole saw and it
does not ride very well in the Ranger bed. Mine is the full size so even with the larger bed it is very short. I had him but some hooks on the passenger side that can be pivoted in to be out of the way as well as some pipes to hold a shovel and rake on the driver side.
Nathaniel is very innovative and made the hooks with a slot so they latch and will not rotate either way without help. Also added a rack to my Fortress hideaway windshield top and added some tie down loops with a link of chain. His brother owns Martin Powder Coating and he powder coated the completed rack. I is attached to the bed with lock and rides(I used the generic which are about $40 per pair, two pair for this) and it seems very secure. We designed it so I can easily reach through and access the tool box or ice chest in the bed. If you are interested in one let me know or if you would like more pictures I can provide them.

I will post some pictures in the picture and video section. I made a post on my FB account that is public William Mark Powers

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Custom Rack

I had looked all over for a good rack for my Polaris Ranger and could not find anything that I really liked. I decided to have Nathaniel Martin who owns Rock Springs Welding to build one. He has done my gates and always does a great job on whatever he builds. The problem with the Ranger is that it is difficult to haul anything very long. I cut limbs on my trails with a pole saw and it
does not ride very well in the Ranger bed. Mine is the full size so even with the larger bed it is very short. I had him but some hooks on the passenger side that can be pivoted in to be out of the way as well as some pipes to hold a shovel and rake on the driver side.
Nathaniel is very innovative and made the hooks with a slot so they latch and will not rotate either way without help. Also added a rack to my Fortress hideaway windshield top and added some tie down loops with a link of chain. His brother owns Martin Powder Coating and he powder coated the completed rack. I is attached to the bed with lock and rides(I used the generic which are about $40 per pair, two pair for this) and it seems very secure. We designed it so I can easily reach through and access the tool box or ice chest in the bed. If you are interested in one let me know or if you would like more pictures I can provide them.

I will post some pictures in the picture and video section. I made a post on my FB account that is public William Mark Powers
Check out these new UTV racks out there from KB Voodoo Fabrications. They now make a solution under the MAX MOTO RACKS name specifically for UTVs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts