Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While out riding this morning, I ran over a stinkin tree that was chewed off by a beaver :mad:. Tore up my skid plate, dented the fuel tank, and bent the outer tube frame under the gas tank. I will get some pics posted later today of the damage done. Since I have not taken my RZR in for the fuel tank recall, I hope mine is recalled so I get a new tank.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Man, that's the pits....sounds like time for a full skidplate underneath....

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I got it back together. I spent the afternoon and got it repaired. I used a porta power, and straightened the tube. I then blew compressed air into the fuel tank, and that popped back out. I took out my plastic welder and repaired the skid plate, almost like new again. Here are some pics of the damage.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some pics of it back together.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wow nice repair, I'll keep you in mind should I do that..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to kill a beaver. :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The first day I took my RZR in the woods I smacked the skid and realized immediately it was worthless.

With your skills you need to look in my thread about the UHMW skid I made "Advanced Fabrication" Forum.

That will never happen to mine now!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sometimes mother nature has a cruel way of reminding us to tread lightly. Glad to see you overcame mother nature,, this time!!!!!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I did the same thing with my full size ranger, I pushed the skid up into the flor board, had to remove it it get it straightened back out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put a full underbody kit on my RZR, and I still have the plastic skid plate(used one time). I don't know if you want to put another plastic one on your RZR but I'll sell my old one for $75.($131.24 new) plus freight. I was going to keep it as a backup just to be safe.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the offer, but I will be building my own from UHMW 3/8" plastic. This is much stonger than the factory skids.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stupid Beavers act like they own the place. Don't they understand they are hear to serve us? I would put my foot in any Beaver that tears my rig up butt. And this time, they would not like it. ^-^

1 - 14 of 14 Posts