Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Polaris winch with the fob style remote control. I would like to add a dash mounted control switch. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about it?
Also I'm knew to the forum and this is our first Polaris.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 2020 Polaris winch with the fob style remote control. I would like to add a dash mounted control switch. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about it?
See this post. Xp1000 - 2018 And if you search this site for wired control there are more threads also.

·
Registered
‘13 Sportsman 850 HO EPS Touring
22 Posts
I found having access to the switch while standing outside the cab to be beneficial on many occasions. So I’d find a spot left of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
‘13 Sportsman 850 HO EPS Touring
22 Posts
Accessible.

Reactions: Rooster59

·
Registered
2021 Camo 1000 XP
98 Posts
I am searching my butt off for the correct connector that is plug and play with the factory connector under the dash but so far no luck.

I have one more trick up my sleeve as my brother had a 4500 HD winch installed on his through his dealer that was originally hardwire switched to the dash. He had them add the wireless as an after thought....but I don't know if they had to add the wireless receiver or if the receiver was there and he had to buy only the remote. Either way I am going to pull his cup holders and see how they wired his. If they used the correct connector I will contact the dealer he used and see if they can order one for me. If not I will cut and splice myself with spade connectors from the wireless receiver.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I see wires connecting to the lead line input area, anyone know what those are for? My switch operation seems intermittent while getting hook cinched up to its parking area.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I see wires connecting to the lead line input area, anyone know what those are for? My switch operation seems intermittent while getting hook cinched up to its parking area.
Found it. Its called auto stop fairlead. Its not in my manual. The rubber bumper on the winch line has magnetic contacts which shuts winch off when it contacts the lead intake plate. Nifty.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Shoot me a message, I can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
searched carling L series switches to find the Polaris AWD equivalent that is illustrated in the photo you provided. can you please share with me on how to obtain the same. Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts