Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all... new member here. I am about an hr North of Wenatchee. Got a 2010/2011 Ranger EV... see attached pic of VIN for anyone who might recognize this beast. Purchased this as a non-runner 2 months ago with the prognosis that the SevCon Gen4 controller needed a reman, which I promptly got done by FSIP.com... but get the same 6 flashes on LED when I plugged it back in (and Yes, all wiring from throttle tested and new potentiometer installed so pretty sure that is not the issue)

Anyway.... I need to get this into a certified Polaris EV mechanic now. Any recommendations for workshops or sole-operator gurus with 200 miles or so who could help me out?

Thanks in advance for the help

RangerVIN.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings all... new member here. I am about an hr North of Wenatchee. Got a 2010/2011 Ranger EV... see attached pic of VIN for anyone who might recognize this beast. Purchased this as a non-runner 2 months ago with the prognosis that the SevCon Gen4 controller needed a reman, which I promptly got done by FSIP.com... but get the same 6 flashes on LED when I plugged it back in (and Yes, all wiring from throttle tested and new potentiometer installed so pretty sure that is not the issue)

Anyway.... I need to get this into a certified Polaris EV mechanic now. Any recommendations for workshops or sole-operator gurus with 200 miles or so who could help me out?

Thanks in advance for the help

View attachment 25100

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello Hello - I'm across the border in British Columbia. Not an expert at all, but nice to know who might be close by. Sounds like a similar to the problem I just had: the Sevcon DC/DC converter. My Ranger straight up stopped working, 6 blinks on the Sevcon controller. I could verify that 48V was going into the converter and nothing was coming out. I just replaced it today and it is working again :). By the way the lights had been dimming/inconsistent, it had been on it's way out for a bit.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
440 Posts
I live near Orondo which is about 20 minutes away. DC/DC converter is a likely suspect. Search this forum for "DC to DC converter problems" compare the symptoms. Wenatchee Power Sports has been helpful in the past...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Hello - I'm across the border in British Columbia. Not an expert at all, but nice to know who might be close by. Sounds like a similar to the problem I just had: the Sevcon DC/DC converter. My Ranger straight up stopped working, 6 blinks on the Sevcon controller. I could verify that 48V was going into the converter and nothing was coming out. I just replaced it today and it is working again :). By the way the lights had been dimming/inconsistent, it had been on it's way out for a bit.

Good luck!
Thanks for the input! Have tested the Sevcon DC/DC converter multiple times... all the readings In and Out of it are right on the money

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live near Orondo which is about 20 minutes away. DC/DC converter is a likely suspect. Search this forum for "DC to DC converter problems" compare the symptoms. Wenatchee Power Sports has been helpful in the past...
Thanks for your input JackA. I have scheduled an appointment with Wenatchee Powersports (but they are crazy-busy this time of the year, so can only get in last week of May!).... I will let the Forum know of my experience with them.

Pretty sure it is not the SevCon DC/DC converter.... all the readings look good on it...... will be interesting to see what Wenatchee Powersports finds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts