Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I put a deposit down 6-1-21 for my new ranger. But before doing so, I checked around to see who had the best deal. I called several dealers that was within 100 miles of me. I finally bought it from a dealer just around the house. But that was after I informed him of several quotes for others. He said that one pf the others was a high volume dealer that sold more than anybody else in the state. That another one was the largest selling dealer for Polaris in the nation. (This one was out of state). To that is why I'm putting this question out there. Who is the biggest selling dealer in the states? Anybody know. Sure some are good and also make good on warranty if needed. And there are others that sell, watch you walk out the door in hopes that you don't come back for warranty. Some are priced good but service sucks. Others have both high prices and sucky service.
I found that if I get out of the Memphis area, prices will drop anywhere from 1500/2K. ( I am in the north Mississppi ).

Does more sells = cheaper rides?
Thanks,
Hump

·
Super Moderator
2,469 Posts
I69 Motorsports (formerly Abernathys) in Union City Tennessee is the largest dealer in the US in sales volume.
Yes, more sales many times equals cheaper rides.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put a deposit down 6-1-21 for my new ranger. But before doing so, I checked around to see who had the best deal. I called several dealers that was within 100 miles of me. I finally bought it from a dealer just around the house. But that was after I informed him of several quotes for others. He said that one pf the others was a high volume dealer that sold more than anybody else in the state. That another one was the largest selling dealer for Polaris in the nation. (This one was out of state). To that is why I'm putting this question out there. Who is the biggest selling dealer in the states? Anybody know. Sure some are good and also make good on warranty if needed. And there are others that sell, watch you walk out the door in hopes that you don't come back for warranty. Some are priced good but service sucks. Others have both high prices and sucky service.
I found that if I get out of the Memphis area, prices will drop anywhere from 1500/2K. ( I am in the north Mississppi ).

Thanks,
Hump
I can't pretend I know much of anything but I do know I had to venture to Tennessee to get what I felt was a fair price (im in GA) I ended up doing a preorder on a xp1000 crew that came with front, back glass, roof, and rearview mirror for less then what I was getting quoted local and they didn't add on all the crazy fees. Ima have to make a day trip to go pick it up but thats part of the fun for me anyway

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't pretend I know much of anything but I do know I had to venture to Tennessee to get what I felt was a fair price (im in GA) I ended up doing a preorder on a xp1000 crew that came with front, back glass, roof, and rearview mirror for less then what I was getting quoted local and they didn't add on all the crazy fees. Ima have to make a day trip to go pick it up but thats part of the fun for me anyway
Thanks for the reply. That was the one that was the out of state. The guy that I talked to was very nice and quoted the price without any hesitation. Only I69 is about 2.5hrs away and the wife said it might be better to stick closer to home.
Thanks,
Hump

·
Registered
60 Posts
Stay local because everybody has to eat. Unless they are assholes making a bond with a local dealer can pay you back in spades. When you need repairs or parts and the people at the business recognize you as a familiar face they often go the extra mile. It's just good business. Driving any distance to save 1-200$ is not worth the effort because if a inexperienced school kid is putting your ride together a trip back to the dealer adds up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stay local because everybody has to eat. Unless they are assholes making a bond with a local dealer can pay you back in spades. When you need repairs or parts and the people at the business recognize you as a familiar face they often go the extra mile. It's just good business. Driving any distance to save 1-200$ is not worth the effort because if a inexperienced school kid is putting your ride together a trip back to the dealer adds up.
That is a very true statement. I have used these folks before for repairs to my Sportsman 700 that I had. They did the repairs but had the machine for about a month and then the bill was more than what I was thinking it should be. They have been around for some time, soooo they must be doing something right. I will have to just wait and see how this outing goes with them.
Thanks,
Hump

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I69 Motorsports (formerly Abernathys) in Union City Tennessee is the largest dealer in the US in sales volume.
Yes, more sales many times equals cheaper rides.
Rock.....thanks for the reply. This is the dealer that was out of state that I talked with. And when I said out of state, that's only because I'm just south of the TN/MS stateline by about 1 of John Daly's Drives or about 800'. How did you find this infor out? Just being nosey. :>) I'd like to see where the dealer that I purchased from ranks if that is available.

Thanks,
Hump.

·
Super Moderator
2,469 Posts
Rock.....thanks for the reply. This is the dealer that was out of state that I talked with. And when I said out of state, that's only because I'm just south of the TN/MS stateline by about 1 of John Daly's Drives or about 800'. How did you find this infor out? Just being nosey. :>) I'd like to see where the dealer that I purchased from ranks if that is available.
It was a selling point on the Abernathy's web site. I don't have any reason to doubt them and I have never seen anyone dispute it.
50 years ago they were also the largest Honda dealer in the US. Located in a corn field in a little town in the middle of no where. Honda higher up's came all the way from Japan to check out his dealership. Abernathy also sold custom choppers on the showroom floor back then, at really good prices. They still sell lots of Honda's.
I don't know how to find a dealers rank unless the dealer has that information and is willing to share.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Now days its who has Any inventory is who you shop with if you can find a new machine at all.
At least here in Maine. I was at the local dealer this week dropping off my daughters Ace to have steering boots installed. Not one machine in stock. The maintance guy told me they only recieve what folks ordered last year. No extra units.
In todays covid world. Buy it when you see it. As tomorrow it might be out of stock for a long time.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks,
Hump
Hope You bought it close to home. Big difference in service if you take it to a dealer that it was not purchased from- wait time and cost!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hope You bought it close to home. Big difference in service if you take it to a dealer that it was not purchased from- wait time and cost!
Yeah, no… I just had my 25 hr service and a few TSB/Recalls done on my Ranger at the local dealer and it cost about $250 and took 2 days. I still have another $3500 to go before buying local would’ve paid off (assuming free service).

and for the record, they don’t care right now. They know how hard it is to find certain models. They were really cool with my situation especially since no one in the state had what I wanted and not already spoken for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts