Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Ranger 500 4WD & Ranger 1000 XP
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my RANGER XP 1000 April 24th, 2021 and still have a window of delivery from July 16th - August 27th. That earliest possible delivery is 8 weeks from time of order and could go out out to 18 weeks. It appears I'm not even in the build que. Are others experiencing this extended and very vague delivery schedule? Summer is going to be over before the ride shows up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, ordered mine in March and after second phone call was told not to be surprised if it goes to mid July

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my RANGER XP 1000 April 24th, 2021 and still have a window of delivery from July 16th - August 27th. That earliest possible delivery is 8 weeks from time of order and could go out out to 18 weeks. It appears I'm not even in the build que. Are others experiencing this extended and very vague delivery schedule? Summer is going to be over before the ride shows up.
I ordered my 570 Full Size 3-seat in mid-April. Now dealer is saying late June to mid-August. Yes, wait times are long. Business must be good!

·
Registered
Ranger 500 4WD & Ranger 1000 XP
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read an article that says in a normal year Polaris reveals the new models in July and starts shipping them in August. This could be interesting how Polaris handles a backlog of 2021 models when the 2022 are announced and taking orders or shipping.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger 570 Premium
21 Posts
I ordered a 570 premium midsize on April 15th. Was told then it would be a 6-8 week wait. Just one day shy of that 6 week mark curiosity got the best of me. I called the salesman and asked if he had any way of tracking my order. He looked it up and said Polaris is telling him it will be shipped between 5/27 - 6/27. He said it could be there as early as next week from the Polaris plant in Huntsville, Alabama. He explained that Polaris rotates building models. They had a hard time getting XP’s in and suddenly they started arriving. Unfortunately there is no way for the dealers to know what models they are building and when.
Fortunately Polaris has begun emailing the dealers when product is shipped (vehicles and accessories) to them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is related to the "chip" shortage that is going on. I just read that Ford is suspending production of the F 150 and Broncos for this reason. And other shortages as well I'm sure.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger 570 Premium
21 Posts
It is related to the "chip" shortage that is going on. I just read that Ford is suspending production of the F 150 and Broncos for this reason. And other shortages as well I'm sure.
I hadn’t thought about the chip shortage causing delay but suppose that’s possible as well. Wasn’t aware of Ford’s situation but our local news did run a story about the Kia plant in Westpoint, GA suspending operations for a couple days and maybe throughout the weekend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can't believe that the whole world doesn't have any companies that can pick up the slack! And Taiwan is the biggest manufacturer of the chips that is now under threat of a Chinese invasion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
New here. I gave a deposit May 17th, on a XP1000 Ranger Norhtstar Premium I was given a date of August 1 for delivery. We will see. The dealer did call me yesterday and told me one similar to mine arrived so I could do a little tape measure work on it preplanning for mine. That one had been ordered April 15 (this year.) In the scheme of things, my dealer is a very small cog compared to others.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered mine yesterday (xp1000 crew) and the dealer told me expect a delivery time between 2 to 6 weeks. I said I expceted longer wait. He then said in some cases the wait has been longer for some models but that the past few weeks have really picked up (for at least them). He then told me that you really never know. So im not holding my breath but if it shows up sooner that will be great.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 570 Full Size Crew, OEM top, aftermarket front and rear windshields, Maxxis Ceros tires.
309 Posts
I hadn’t thought about the chip shortage causing delay but suppose that’s possible as well. Wasn’t aware of Ford’s situation but our local news did run a story about the Kia plant in Westpoint, GA suspending operations for a couple days and maybe throughout the weekend.
There are tens of thousands of unfinished Chevy cargo vans and Colorado's parked in lots around St Louis on both sides of the Mississippi River waiting for parts that contain semiconductors. It is like that all over the country for various brands. It is hard to find more than a handful of new vehicles on the dealer lots in the St Louis metro area. Take a close look at the lots when you pass by one. Mostly late model used vehicles to make the lots look full.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts