Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2014 ev with 1250 hours , second set of batteries. new cables, all wires connected, battery meter has not worked while charging for a while, when i first noticed something it flashed orange while charging . all dash lights work, i am getting 6 blinks off my charger-wire fault it says. i have charged all batteries separately goes up to 97% unit works fine. any suggestions ? do not want to put a new charger on if i have other issues, wiring diagram charger to batteries ? local golf cart dealer wants me to send charger in to be rebuilt , says they do it with delta Qs all the time with good success and a warranty, will unit work with charger removed ? is there a way to test the charger ? Hass anybody used any other 48v charger? like a moogz or lester ?

any body replaerd there headlights with leds ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Check the Connector at the charger, the center fuse under the seat and the connector (MPC) that is close to the main contactor under the seat. One or more are probably burnt.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Try resetting the battery gauge. Unplug the the connector under dash that goes to the meter. Wait ten seconds and then plug it back in. The orange blinking light means that the charger overheated while charging that will reset automatically when the charger cools down. ( not uncommon especially if the ambient temperature was hot the day you were charging) Also check the voltage on each battery to make sure you don’t have a bad one. You don’t have to disconnect each battery to check the voltage of each battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i put new batteries in , do you think the gauge would have reset ? will try any thing.
Has anybody ran heavier gauge wires direct frim charger to batteries connection at solenoid input terminal, seems like those red wires are too small for the amperage.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I agree. The main problem with the Ev is that the connectors they use including the MPC and the fuse holders are only rated fir 20 amps surges. (The charger puts out 18 amps during the first phases of charging.) try resetting your battery meter

·
Super Moderator
417 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Give me a call if you have my questions. If your batteries are 155 ah I would use the 72 algorithm. Lou 217 430 3101

1 - 9 of 9 Posts