Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going this week to buy a ranger, however I’m looking for info about the 2 machines I’m deciding between. They are a 2016 ranger diesel or a 2019 ranger 900. Buying for mostly work around the property and the occasional trail riding. Anyone with experience with these 2 machines I would love to get your feedback.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m going this week to buy a ranger, however I’m looking for info about the 2 machines I’m deciding between. They are a 2016 ranger diesel or a 2019 ranger 900. Buying for mostly work around the property and the occasional trail riding. Anyone with experience with these 2 machines I would love to get your feedback.
I don’t own a diesel ranger, but from what I’ve heard they’re slow, but work horses. If you’re doing a lot of hard pulling and heavy loads up steep hills, then I’d say get the diesel. Especially if you live on a farm that has a big diesel tank. I think top speed is around 40 max. The 900 is gonna have PLENTY of power and torque in my opinion tho.

TL;DR
Hard work and low end torque = diesel
Good mix of both work and play = gas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your feedback. I am leaning now towards the 900 just for a better mix of work and play. Seems to be the smart choice for a well rounded machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts