Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, and my first Ranger. I purchased this 2015 Ranger Crew Diesel a few days ago for a good deal knowing it had no reverse. I just assumed it was a broken reverse chain from all the research I did before I bought it. Now I'm thinking its not the chain. When you put it in reverse and add some RPM, you will hear a light grinding noise. I started moving the shifter back and forth slowly and i felt it grab, it moved about a foot then started the light grinding. I am giving it a light amount of RPM while doing this. I've been able to do grab reverse doing this process a couple times but it never moves more than a foot or two. I jacked it up and removed the shift cable from the trans to shift it and control the rpm by hand. When in reverse jacked up adding RPM you hear the grinding but the wheels also move very very slowly. Has anyone had any experience with something like this? I hate to pull the trans only to find I needed something i could fix leaving it in. I have not inspected the oil yet. It drives forward normally, it does seem to clunk when taking off from a stop but i think that's the clutch needing some attention. Thank you for any advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Issue ended up being the Reverse Engagement Dog. The tabs were worn off. I inspected everything else and everything looked great. I cleaned everything extremely well, replaced the part and put it back together. Working great ever since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts