Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my 08 700 I was looking at the 08 500 that was on the floor...to my amazement the front tires on the 500 were wider than the ones on the 700....anybody have an explanation for that? More power and I'm assuming a bit more weight in the 700 rig but a smaller footprint? Rear tires were the same size.

??

·
Registered
345 Posts
I can't explain it, but I agree, the front tires on my '08 700 are skinny!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ALAG3 said:
I can't explain it, but I agree, the front tires on my '08 700 are skinny!
Seems really strange to me that you'd put a narrower tire on a larger machine.....very strange from a performance standpoint and it just looks goofy to boot.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Camo models come with steel wheel and they usally have a certain tire they put on steel wheels. The other may have been a LE model, or one with aluminum wheels . Aluminum set ups usally have a different tire.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bigdog800efi said:
Camo models come with steel wheel and they usally have a certain tire they put on steel wheels. The other may have been a LE model, or one with aluminum wheels . Aluminum set ups usally have a different tire.
My other two partners purchased Rangers at the same time that I did and one of them was the Silver special edition with the aluminum wheels (sharp looking rig) but he's got the same skinny tires that I do....

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I asked my dealer that when I purchased the 07 XP . He said they put the different wheel packages on there. Maybe selling the smaller one is hard and they dress it up some. Mine came with the skinny tires but didn't bother me cause I upgraded.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
caglezxj said:
I asked my dealer that when I purchased the 07 XP . He said they put the different wheel packages on there. Maybe selling the smaller one is hard and they dress it up some. Mine came with the skinny tires but didn't bother me cause I upgraded.
Yeah I've started my search for some new rims/tires.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
There might be a future sponsor here to help you out, if so he sells all makes and models. I sell vision wheels and a few tires.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
caglezxj said:
There might be a future sponsor here to help you out, if so he sells all makes and models. I sell vision wheels and a few tires.
I'll be looking for black aluminum rims and 10's for the front and 12's for the rear in either 26 or 27". How long before the new sponsor is on board? I like the black rims on your site caglezxj but I'm not sure the tires are what I'm after yet.

Will the 10's on the front be a different track now than the skinny current tires? Is different backspacing on the rims required?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey,

I don't have a wide tire selection due to having to stock so many. However the wheels run 350.00 plus shipping . The vision wheels are back spaced perfectly in case you run a wider tire, it will keep things from rubbing like on your front tie rod. I run the same size all the way around mine due to stability. But it depends on the terrain you ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
caglezxj said:
Hey,

I don't have a wide tire selection due to having to stock so many. However the wheels run 350.00 plus shipping . The vision wheels are back spaced perfectly in case you run a wider tire, it will keep things from rubbing like on your front tie rod. I run the same size all the way around mine due to stability. But it depends on the terrain you ride.
cagle,

Are you running the same width rim or the same width tires? What tire/wheel combo are you running right now on your rig?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts