Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2021 polaris ranger 1000 premium single overhead motor having a hard time reinstalling dipstick, common issue are maybe just me,,, thanks in advance for any advice

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
267 Posts
Lol. Common. It is a stupid place. Sombody needs to make a cable style dipstick every one will buy one.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 570 Full Size Crew, OEM top, aftermarket front and rear windshields, Maxxis Ceros tires.
268 Posts
Maybe another reason I'm pleased we bought a 570 full size. Short, plastic dipstick just like every motorcycle I've ever owned or worked on. I've been puzzled by all this talk about 1000 dipsticks and couldn't figure out why there have been issues. Is it more akin to an automotive type tube and stick?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
automotive style under exhaust , about half way in feels as if it hits rock bottom i am having to get on knees playing with it and use both hands to ever get it reinstalled,pita

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really not sure,but no marks whatsoever on my stick,,dealer i purchased from several hours away,may just contact service department about this,,it mat be just the way they are but is a real "pita" thanks for the help

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well after contacting polaris dealer and also polaris customer service seems everyone is lost as to why this dipstick is such a pita to reinstall🤬

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
news,,,, ran a borescope down dipstick tube at measured distance, found that dipstick not being very flexible once it has made a bend through upper tube, end of dipstick is more are less running inside wall of tube and when it gets to indentation for oring that seals tube to engine it comes to a dead halt. playing with it, i have found, i can take 1 finger,insert in tube while inserting stick with other hand and finger push flat side of stick over just a little and work it back in,,,, of course that calls for 2 hands to reinstall,,,with engine having to be totally cool. hopefully i can live with this,,,and yes someone needs to come with a flexible stick and live happily ever after. thanks for the help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice to know this is not just me...sucks to see a total miss by Polaris.

It needs to be a cable type by the angle one has to use right near the exhaust no less.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts