Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Ranger TM, and I have what I believe is a defective Ignition interlock/ACS unit (part # 4010914 ). The starter will crank if I jump it, but it wont with the key. The ignition switch works as it should, and I have jumped the brake switch just to rule it out. This part is discontinued, and you can't buy it anywhere. What are my options to get this thing running again?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Ranger TM, and I have what I believe is a defective Ignition interlock/ACS unit (part # 4010914 ). The starter will crank if I jump it, but it wont with the key. The ignition switch works as it should, and I have jumped the brake switch just to rule it out. This part is discontinued, and you can't buy it anywhere. What are my options to get this thing running again?
Guys the bypass is super simple. I did it to mine. Look at the connector for the brake pressure switch. You will see 2 orange wires on it (08). One orange wire is a ground to apply the brake lights. The other Orange wire is to the starter solenoid ground. Now being they are both orange and tied together there is no easy way to tell witch is witch. Cut off one orange wire and tie it to a ground. Mine reached perfect to the factory battery ground on the frame. You will either apply the brake lights or bypass the brake interlock. If your brake lights are on reattach that wire and cut the other wire and use a ring terminal and put it on a ground. Bike will start without pressing the brake and brake lamps work normal.

Might work on other years

·
Registered
214 Posts
Do you have the wiring diagram for this { I don't have one } ? Should be fairly simple to do a little creative re-wiring and eliminate the module .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had tried ordering that part from them, and they said it was not available after I placed the order. I need the wiring diagram, I don't even know exactly what that little box does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts