Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave my 2019 XP900 premium a 2” lift. Looking to go from stock 12”/26” tires to a 14”wheel/28” tires. Should I be concerned about clutch, gear problems or extra wear and tear this may cause? Also, will it make my ability to tow heavy loads harder due to lower torque? Or is that a small enough up-size to keep it reasonable?

·
Registered
463 Posts
You should be fine with 28's. But when searching for tires, take the tire weight into consideration. Stay under 30lbs if at all possible.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The bigger the tires the more strain on drive components. 90% of this can be alleviated on clutchs by using low when you should be. As far as diffs etc I think if you aren't the type of guy to mash it to the floor under big loads and in mud your pretty safe. My 800 was a front diff popping piece of crap. The 900 has been far more resilient on mine at 22,000 km and front diff and rear transmission have never been touched. My 900 came with 27's from factory. Wheel bearings and rack and pinion have been changed more than once though. Prop shaft too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts