Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have about 15 miles on my 2021 Ranger Northstar Crew... just driving around the ranch. My terrain is really hilly with big meadows... in the past to get a California Black tail deer i would just drive my 4runner around... pick one out ... and drop him. Sometimes inside 25 yards... Not really the goal to be THAT close but it just happened that way... this was possible because the Runner is damn near silent. The Ranger seems really loud... do you guys drive your rangers to your glassing spot or do you get it close then hike the last 1/2 mile or so? Then use the Ranger for retrieval? I am used to sneaking up on them with the runner... the ranger seems like it would heard a mile away?

·
Super Moderator
1,927 Posts
The majority of that noise in the ranger, is inside the cab enclosure. Get a short distance away and it is very diminished. Yes
I use my Ranger for deer hunting, and seeing as I am in my late seventies now I drive as close as I can to my stand as I can.
Seeing as most of the area I hunt is very wooded, with small hills. I will normally park my Ranger a couple of hundred yards
away but no more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have MS and it causes me to have difficulty walking, especially in the dark or over rough terrain. I often drive right up to my deer stand and park it behind the stand. The deer mostly don't pay it any attention, or very little attention.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts