Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I just took the kids for a ride. No problems. I got back, put them to bed, and went to drive my 07 700xp under the garage. It cranked fine. I shifted to forward high, and it would not move. It was like the brake was engaged, but wasn't. It flipped the switch to AWD, and it was fine, them switched back and nothing. The speedometer has quit working too. Is this a fuse thing? I replaced all the blade fuses, but no good. Please help. I need this thing running this weekend. Greg

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey, Greg

Sounds like you have a short in something.

Let me get this right.
It cranks ok?
The display goes out but still is cranked or will crank.
When you shift to high the display goes out?
When you put it in AWD the display goes out, is it cranked or will it crank.
Try removing the awd wires from the back of the switch. Does everything work this way. If so you have a bad switch.
Shifting to high gear should not have anything to do with the display not working.
The brake switch could go bad and not allow it to crank while in gear. But should in park.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It cranks ok, but the display dead, and stays dead no matter what I do.

In any gear, it will not move in 2WD, but will in AWD.

Thinking that there may be an ignition fuse that activates the rear sylinoid, with also powers the display?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Have you tried unplugging the AWD Switch? I would try this. It should still run in 2wd with this unplugged. I am confused cause the rear drive is direct through the drive shaft and transmission. If the belt was slipping I could understand. But the rear only locks to turn both tires or 1 tire not to turn the rear off. Have you tried jacking it up put floor jacks and secure then put it in 2 WD and see what happens, then 4WD and see what happens. Now for the Display I would check the wires behind the unit. If you have checked the fuses up front under the hood then it should be good unless the display has went out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate your interest. Maybe I should be more specific. Then I press the accelerator is does that lunging thing like when you try to go with the brake applied. But the brake is not engaged, and switching to AWD solves the movement problem. Both this issue and the display issue happened at the same time. I've got to think the issues are connected?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I remember reading something about that in the manual and if it happened the emergency brake would need to be adjusted.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
There is a switch behind the brake petal that send the signal the e-brake is pressed. This will cause that problem due to it effects the rev limiter. Now the display going out should not have nothing to do with this unless the e-brake sensor is shorting out.

It is a little clearer now that I know it is lunging.

But now that I think about all this I think this option is only on 08 models. That is why everyone with 07's and earlier has torn up the e-brake. I will shut up and check mine out tomorrow and see if I could find something that is causing this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While checking another forum, I found a guy with similiar problems. He was advised to turn on the headlights, disconnect the battery for 20 minutes, turn off the headlights and reconnect the battery. This resets the ecm to default settings. O0 IT WORKED O0 Just thought I'd follow up and help the next guy. Thanks to both that posted. I was going to be in a jam. Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts