Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 polaris ranger XP900.
I recently spent a week in the desert and ran some pretty dusty "powder" roads. I checked my air filter several times and it was literally packed with this fine dust powder". Luckily I had a spare filters and replaced them. My question is: What can I do to modify the air intake? It appears the vents on the side behind the door is not in a good position for dusty roads. Is there a snorkel attachment I can buy? If so, what have you used and what do you recommend. Thanks!

Rand

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here ya go. Polaris make a snow kit that puts it behind your seat and out of the dust. You can run with it from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, Spaz. I think this is exactly what I need to do. RE the "snow kit.....is this a Polaris OEM part or? Thanks for sharing the filter mod, Jaybey. Looks like it works like a charm.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks like that's a good upgrade...mine has cv air intake behind rear seat and it has a pre filter there...that leads to the canister enclosed filter under the bed and seems to work well in dust. The pre filter for motor is under the hood and that leads to canister filter, also at rear. Not sure if that was a bobcat alteration or if standard on similar polaris model, but works well.

I always wondered why polaris didnt use the ROPs and put intake up high to begin with like kawasaki does.

I also noticed the front of the bed has a rubber flap that closes against frame at rear of seat when bed is lowered into place...if you dont have this, you may want to see if possible to add as it should be simple. That heavy rubber/plastic flap seems to keep dust from rising in between bed and seat back. It may already have this though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks for the link, Spaz. I think this is exactly what I need to do. RE the "snow kit.....is this a Polaris OEM part or? Thanks for sharing the filter mod, Jaybey. Looks like it works like a charm.
Heres a link. Fix my toys is great to deal with. They have excellent black Friday sales also.

Had this on my 900. I would recommend not using the foam provided on the clutch intake. Makes for to high of belt temps in hot weather. Some type of frog skin or kn prefilter for better air flow to keep temps down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts