Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who all has a fully enclosed cab? if you do would you mind posting pics? im thinkin about gettin the polaris all steel one, looks like its the most durable. anybody got one?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that looks great are you happy with it?

i was thinkin about gettin the one where the doors slid back, like the side doors on a mini van. is that just the newer model of yours?

·
Registered
143 Posts
There are several different models. The steel cab is the most popular. Probably because its not the cheapest and not the most expensive. The Freedom Cab with the sliding doors is the best one out there. It seals off better than the others and has a few more standard features.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Let me know when you get ready and we can fix you up.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am happy with my steel cab. I went with the steel cab because the dealer told me the Freedom cab rattled more. I really like mine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
got the standard steel cab like the one in the pix Bob posted.........pics of mine are in the thread...THE TAZMOBILE.....love mine, got a few rattles, but nothings perfect ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Freedom Cab and love it. It is great in warm weather because you
can lock the doors open and also the back window slides open. Also comes with
standard equipment windshield wiper and stereo system. Make sure that if you
carry it on a trailer that you put it on backwards

·
Registered
111 Posts
lawn4fun said:
I have the Freedom Cab and love it. It is great in warm weather because you
can lock the doors open and also the back window slides open. Also comes with
standard equipment windshield wiper and stereo system. Make sure that if you
carry it on a trailer that you put it on backwards
Good advice, about loading it backwards!! One of my hunting buds, only lives about 18 miles from camp...the last 6-7 are gravel....he was taking his home last fall to give it a bath, and had it pulled on forward..yep, a big old rock got his windshield!!!!!!! I trailer mine about 125 miles to get to camp, and even around here to my close lease, I back it on!!!!

I am gonna get some weatherstripping, there are some small gaps where the cab sits on the hood...bottom of the windshield frame, is not a perfect fit, and it does let some cold air in, but oce the engine warms up, and I hit the heater, ya can't really tell it, but it also lets a little water in, driving in a driving rain storm!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jackh,

Before you commit to a steel cab take a hard look at the new Rangerware Cab,It is really sweet. I just finished the install on my 07 XP. The doors are 1st. Class. they seal just like a car. It is a little pricy but you will not regret it. I worked with Mike ay Naturecoast In Fl. They ship direct from the factory. The instructions were right on the mark. Good Luck with what ever you choose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Polaris steel cab and steel doors and I really like it the only thing is the hinges are alittle week for the weight of the steel doors so I made some stronger one's myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jachk,

The rangerware cab is heavy fiberglass. The interior is lined with sound deadening material. All the joints fit great and are held tight with stainless steel bolts. You have your choice of colors to match you ranger.

joe

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think ill be going on a rangerwear cab with the hard doors. i dont want a sunroof, but i do want the third brake light and the 2 fog lights. anybody know how much this will set me back (estimate or from experience)? ill probably install it myself though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts