Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I towed something a bit heavy, around 900kgs for about 100 meters and forgot I was in turf mode. For the next little while the stop engine light came on, all seemed ok, the 570 didn’t struggle towing at all, after I turned off turf mode and drive around the light went off and stayed off, why do you think the light come on? Thanks heaps for any thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
2,235 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Turf mode itself doesn't have any error codes.
Sometimes a belt slip can cause a timing error code in some of the newer ECM's.
I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, do you know is it a problem towing extra heavy loads short flat distances? I’d like to move things around the yard. What is the heaviest things you fellows have ever pulled? I didn’t think the belt slipped but you never know. Thanks again

·
Registered
294 Posts
Was it in low? I move very heavy loads around my yard all the time no problem. One being a 22 ft party boat. Dont launch it just move it around the yard. One belt in 2000 miles. 570 may be different as i have a 900.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was in low for sure, lights off now but comes on every now and again when first starting

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would not recommend towing with it, we have much more options like trucks for towing we have been towing for a long time as a different type of towing like flatbed towing and blocked driveway towing nyc, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even Polaris shows rangers towing in their commercials. I tow with mine all the time. You might have something else going on if the Check engine light comes on randomly.
Btw the guy above signed up and the first post was to tell you not to tow with you ranger...wierd?

Dennis

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 570 midsize and have towed very heavy loads--like a 5 x 10 trailer full of firewood. I also towed the same trailer with an old engine and other stuff--about 1,000 lbs. not including the trailer weight---for about 5 miles. Hasn't hurt anything yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts