Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Ranger crew 900, engine idles fine but wont stay at the same RPM while driving. Engine surges up and down at all speeds. Any help will be appreciated!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
See the sticky post at the top of this board for the most likely reason your mixture is changing: Cracked manifold adapters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a bent rear CV Axel, not sure that will cause the surging issue or not. I will order and replace both rear CV Axels and see what happens. I should add, in park I can hold throttle down and with no surging of the engine.

·
Super Moderator
2,232 Posts
Lots of 900 XP's came with crooked axles, mine included and it is still on there. I am not saying yours isn't newly bent but I have never heard of a misfire or surge because of a bent axle.
If you haven't checked your manifold adapters yet that is where I would start.
Just like in the thread linked in CCRay's post.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Never thought of a bent drivetrain issue as a "surge" cause. Could be because I have never experienced one yet. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not had a chance to really look at it yet. It’s at my deer lease currently which is a few hours away. It is newly bent cv axel as I replaced them only a few months ago. My ranger is lifted with 32” tires so I usually run the heavy cv axels. I went cheap and installed the standard size cv axels. When in park I can hold down the throttle and it will maintain the rpms. When I put in gear and try to drive the throttle surges. I already ordered the heavy duty cv axels and will install. I will also look at the manifold adapters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I forgot the carb cleaner this past weekend but I did replace my rear cv axels. Ranger now just purrs when driving. I guess the bent axel was putting a load on and off the engine causing it to surge while driving. I will be checking the manifold adapters though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts