Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Ranger EV with Polaris AGM batteries that are in need of replacement. I am an electronic engineer so keen to make the change to LifePo battery pack. I have found a few suppliers in China offering 12v 200ah LifePo4 with built in BMS for very reasonable cost. I think 4 of these in series should work well along with a new Lithium 20a charger.
I have also found a few companies who manufacture EV power packs and a couple have offered me 48v 200ah packs, unfortunately the size is a bit big for the compartment so I have asked them for 2 packs of 48v 100ah to connect in parallel. I would be interested in your thoughts. I am still finalizing the order and as its a Chinese holiday for this week I have time to contemplate my decision.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 2010 Ranger EV with Polaris AGM batteries that are in need of replacement. I am an electronic engineer so keen to make the change to LifePo battery pack. I have found a few suppliers in China offering 12v 200ah LifePo4 with built in BMS for very reasonable cost. I think 4 of these in series should work well along with a new Lithium 20a charger.
I have also found a few companies who manufacture EV power packs and a couple have offered me 48v 200ah packs, unfortunately the size is a bit big for the compartment so I have asked them for 2 packs of 48v 100ah to connect in parallel. I would be interested in your thoughts. I am still finalizing the order and as its a Chinese holiday for this week I have time to contemplate my decision.
Hi Tim, I would like to discuss the options you researched. Can you reach out to us?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very complicated to find suitable pack for Ranger EV in China.

1. Pack should be waterproof + dust proof + shock proof.
2. BMS should handle over 450A, and should very high quality - big challenge in China.
3. Warranty oversea problem.
4. Quality of cells and building very important.

My recommendation is to purchase packs which designed to Polaris EV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts