Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can you buy a fuse for a Sevcon Gen4 controller? The local Polaris dealer wants $125 for the main fuse. (they dont stock it, which seems strange for a service center. They also dont know how long it will take to get one..) It looks like it is a 750amp, Ceramic blade fuse. It is hard to believe this fuse should be this expensive. My journey with this EV problem seems to never end. I sent my Sevcon off for repair, when it was returned, It didnt have the fuse that was sent with it. Ive contacted the repair facility but havent got any response. In the meantime, My EV is dead and I just want to get it back going.

· Registered
311 Posts
Where can you buy a fuse for a Sevcon Gen4 controller? The local Polaris dealer wants $125 for the main fuse. (they dont stock it, which seems strange for a service center. They also dont know how long it will take to get one..) It looks like it is a 750amp, Ceramic blade fuse. It is hard to believe this fuse should be this expensive. My journey with this EV problem seems to never end. I sent my Sevcon off for repair, when it was returned, It didnt have the fuse that was sent with it. Ive contacted the repair facility but havent got any response. In the meantime, My EV is dead and I just want to get it back going.
a quick google search gave several results. 48V, ANL blade style fuse, 750A. I don't understand the difference between a ceramic package and the other packages, but they are rated 750A so they should be fine. This listing is from digikey canada ... $7.50 canadian

There were ads for mouser, digikey, etc. Amazon also came up but every one that I looked at was out of stock.

I guess it depends on where you find it in stock, and where want to purchase from. $125 is a bit steep for the part, IMO. If they are installing it for you ... maybe more reasonable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.