Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my dad parked our 2011 Polaris Ranger EV with only 63hours on it. I then turned the key off and put it in neutral like the instructions say and then plugged in the power cord. This morning my dad went to start it up to do some light chores and the thing will not start.

You turn the key and no click. No lights will show on the steering wheel console or dash console it will not move at all. Can't get the headlights to come on about the only thing that shows 'on' is the charge, which is fully charged btw.

We've tried wiggling and 'moving' the wiring harness, replacing the fuses and checked the water level in all the batteries. When the key is turned on we can hear the batteries 'gurgling'. There are no lose or pulled wires that we can see. anyone else have this problem? We are baffled. :D

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I guess you looked in the owner's manual for a troubleshooting section? It seems like some kind of a master fuse/relay/switch isn't working or turned on. ??

I would check the connections on the battery terminals.

Oh wait... I just saw the thing about the batteries gurgling. That sounds wrong to me... I think gurgling batteries are unstable batteries. You might have a shorted cell in one of the batteries. I wouldn't charge it or try to use it until you are able to check the batteries for shorts (or have them checked).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am assuming that it will not move when plugged in, I have never seen one. It might be that it doesn't know it has been unplugged. Just a guess, but try plugging it back in and unplugging a couple of times. I would think that voltage to a certain relay or the like would tell it not to move. Maybe that relay is bad? Just a few guesses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts