Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few people have had some issues with fires being caused by leaves/grass being thrown up on the exhaust manifold. I have not had these issues (yet), but as a precaution, I fabricated this shield. I have checked, and it does not contact the tire.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I need to get a tig machine soon. I could make up some nice light weight products, just can't seem to give the money up. And it is to much trouble converting my mig over to aluminum back and forth. Good job on the shield.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm willing to bet Polaris comes out with a shield for this. Ofcourse it probably won't be until after an RZR starts a major forest fire out west somewhere.

There are a few design flaws that are in need of serious consideration by Polaris but this one and the freezing throttle cables will probably get some attention soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Trail riding last weekend with some friends, one of the Rzrs caught on fire twice in that very spot. Does the shield work as designed?

Colby

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it does. I made this shield from an old aluminum stop sign. The underside of my shield you see in the picture still has the red stop sign reflective material on it. That tells me the shield has not gotten hot enough to even burn that material off much less anything that lands on top of it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will let you know. I will have to get ahold of my buddy that works for the street dept. and see if I can get some more stop signs.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vern, I sent you a PM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts