Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade exhaust on my '07 700xp. A little power boost will be nice, but I hunt out of my ranger and want to make sure I'm not going louder. Most new exhausts give db specs, but I can't find the db rating on the factory exhaust, anyone know? Thanks. Greg

·
Registered
269 Posts
Our phone line was knocked out Friday morning and with the big storm coming the wife and I hit the grocery. I picked up one of the atv rags to hold me over and there was an article about mufflers.

It said to put a sticker on your muffler and when the sticker started burning off it was time to replace the packing in the muffler.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I was looking for something that was a little more open flow without being loud. Sadly you can't have both. However the one I went with is not ear blasting as many. But it is louder than stock.

·
Registered
563 Posts
If you want to quiet your exhaust down a little, you can install a Kolpin atv stealth exhaust system. I hung one
from the pre-runner back bumper. Following is a review I wrote for Cabelas:
"I mounted this on my Polaris Rzr. It only quieted the exhaust noise 20% to 30%. It is not as good as advertised, but it did quiet the exhaust noise enough so that the driver and passenger can carry on a normal conversation. The only thing you can use this for a stealthy approach is to a tree in the forest."

Following is the advertisement by Kolpin: This innovative new exhaust system puts a muzzle on the noise from your ATV. The ATV Stealth Exhaust System cuts in half the noise output from an ATV, allowing you to reach your hunting spot with a minimum of disturbance to wildlife. This quiet system also is ideal for wildlife photographers or farmers and ranchers who need to check on livestock without spooking them. You won't sacrifice power, either. In fact, Dyno test results, on some models, have revealed an increase in mid-range power and overall performance. The universal design fits any ATV with a four-stroke engine. Comes complete with the mounting hardware and detailed instructions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts