Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Tanger 1000 XP
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Ranger 1000 XP, I must have read 1000 posts on lifting, wheel sizes, tires, axles. As with everything everyone has a personnel opinion which is acceptable. Some say what ever you do will impact or cause issues.

I want to put a 2 1/2 inch lift, High Lifter or Super ATV A Arms, was considering monster ATV axles but they don’t make them yet for my unit.

Replace stock shocks with ElKa stage 4 shocks, go to 14 inch rims with 30 inch tires, widen stance maybe 2 inch wheel spacers. Plus install duraclutch.

Looking at close to $5000, I am not a person who will ever go out and abuse my ride jumping, rock climbing or intentionally running mud holes.

I just want something that sits higher, rides smooth and replace week links caused by making these changes.

my issue is you can’t buy all the items from one place and get expert advice or inputs. For example, I shouldn’t go with stage 4 shocks that is overkill, I need 3 inch lift instead of 2 1/2.

What I want is the perfect setup and not just a company selling me their name brand which may not be superior to another brand. I am not a expert on any of these aftermarket items and willing to pay for quality instead of something which will have to be replaced in no time or fail with any stress..

I am not saying folks on hear do not have knowledge and have expertise. I would like to find someone who can assist me in putting a total package together.
Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Total package for what style of riding.
Of you are not going in the mud.
Or nothing else.
Why lift it.
Why put bigger tires.

People make changes to help their riding style

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well. Again another opinion here.
The Stage 4 shocks Yes.
Super ATV forward arms and Rhino axles from them. I'm sure they have a lift too but the higher the lift the steeper the axel angle and more chance of breaking it. But you sound like you have a brain and won't be drunk and hammering on your machine. I've had good luck with SATV.
Dura clutch Absolutely Yes.
GBC Kanati Mongrel tires in 28" or 30". A good all round tire. Rides great on trail or paved roads.
The opinion above is from experience of the products listed. I know there are a lot of folks who know very little about atv's or sxs's. Myself being one. But I've learned a lot over the years form folks on this forum and another Polaris forum Polaris Ranger Club. Many veteran members there who know Rangers inside and out.

·
Registered
2019 Tanger 1000 XP
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Total package for what style of riding.
Of you are not going in the mud.
Or nothing else.
Why lift it.
Why put bigger tires.

People make changes to help their riding style
I guess the answer is I own a 65k Chevy 4x4 and has only been 4x4 one time. Why did I buy a $7k zero turn mower when I could have bought a $3k lowes special

·
Registered
2019 Tanger 1000 XP
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess the answer is I own a 65k Chevy 4x4 and has only been 4x4 one time. Why did I buy a $7k zero turn mower when I could have bought a $3k lowes special
My main point for my first post was. I wish I could pick up the phone and say I want to put 30 inch tires on my sxs, and get a honest answer do this this and that without a business selling me their brand which may not be superior then their competitorS version. I do believe their are folks on third forum with a lot of knowledge and appreciate their responses and info or I wouldn’t ask a question

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any progress with this. I just picked up a 2020 xp1000. And have the same mindset as you. I want to run 30's aswell without sacrificing reliability but gaining clearance confidence

1 - 7 of 7 Posts