Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer I bought my ranger from offered me an extended warranty that would carry the warranty out to 5 years for $600.00. He said that the warranty is good at most atv dealerships not just polaris dealers. Are these warranties worth it or are they a rip off. He also stated the the extended warranty covers everything the original warranty covers. The only stipulation is that I have to purchase it before the original runs out. I am a government predator hunter and trapper here with the USDA Wild Life Services and I will and am putting a lot of hours and miles on the machine. I thought for $125.00 a year it would be well worth it especially with all the miles I put on the machine.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey,

I have not heard of a 5 year for 600.00 that is a good deal. My question is how is it good at non polaris dealerships? Maybe someone could shine some light on this. Also what is the deductable?

Josh

·
Registered
635 Posts
600 is a great price, but as Josh says "non- Polaris", I don't think so.. If you have a dealer/shop that you plan to use other than the polaris one just ask them..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think i would stick to a Polaris dealer also,I'm sure other dealers have the mechanics that can work on it but I'm sure a Yamaha or any other brand dealer wouldn't keep Polaris parts in stock?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is that this is very remote country and the nearest Polaris dealer is over 100 miles north and the dealer I bought it from is 180 miles east. There is a Yamaha and an Articcat dealer 60 miles away which if I could use would be closer.
The brochure he gave me is from Viginia Surety adiministered by Automobile Warranty Services of Florida, Inc then there is Aftercare Mechanical Repair Agreements 800-3aftercare also on the brochure.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would check into the aftermarket warranty company before purchasing. Its not going to be the dealer that has the problem. If they give them trouble about covering parts and labor rates and its a big hassle for the dealer to process and they don't get paid..........

Ever heard that saying about getting what ya pay for..........that sounds like a cheap warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I paid a little over $1000.00 for a six year warranty for my 2006 Ranger 6X6 with the 700EFI. I would be a very unhappy camper if I didn't have the warranty to cover the engine problems I have had. Seems like the dealer has replaced every electrical component on my machine and it is still not running as it did when I first got it. I have close to 700 hrs on it and change oil and filter every 100 hrs. It is used mostly as a work vehicle but a little play. Every now and then I like to show the local hot-shots (even 4X4 Ranger owners) what it is like to clime real hills.

Back to subject, I would not purchase another machine without an extended warranty. I will trade or sell my machine at the end of the warranty. I will always own only Polaris Ranger. It is the American thing to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts