Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and yes I tried searching many hours and days but really looking for someone that either has the same machine or that is very knowledgeable on it, it's a 2008 ranger 700 xp turbo silver limited edition... i bought it for cheap running very very rich and was smoking. Would sputter at idles but once you got on it it wasnt to bad, took charge pipe off and my suspicion was right... the oil seal had gone bad... rabbit without charge pipe and what do you know... no smoke anymore. So a new turbo I will be looking for or a rebuild kit... but now my next problem is it has a dyno jet box with an external dynojet efi self tune hooked to wide band etc... its throwing a code for tbap... the tbap is plugged directly into the dynojet programmer and I suspect that's not stock... also I noticed a broken wire to the tps... I'm aware of the common broken wires... but it's not throwing a code for tps... I want to do my best to get this thing stock... motor wise. Pics so everyone can make fun of the 3500 dollar long travel turbo side by side I picked up

·
Registered
37 Posts
Huh, I never knew they made a turbo back in 2008. Neat. But, unfortunately, rare enough that returning it to stock might prove slightly difficult.
Maybe start by finding the right 2008 service manual. I have a 2007 manual, but haven't seen anything about a turbo.

3500 is a great price if you can get it running right for not too much.
I got my '05 for $400, but I'm now into it another $2500 in repair parts (most of that an engine) and $1000 of addons

·
Registered
37 Posts
So, Turbo Silver was the name of the color, but a previous owner of this one installed a turbo in it, which explains the dynojet.

@Raygaffney1995 if you want to return it to stock, you'd be taking off the turbo kit entirely. Certainly an option, and would make for a more reliable machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts