Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in western SD and I use my Crew Cab for trips into town on a regular basis. This time of the year, the highway & streets are covered with slush and water from the all of the salt melting the snow. The windshield is constantly getting covered with the dirty water flying off of the front tires.

What sort of success have you guys seen with the addition of fender flares. Worth it, or waste of $$?

I've been looking at this set. Fender Flares

· Registered
716 Posts
We haven't needed to do it on our RGRs (just basic use around the farm utility use), but they made a world of difference on my RZR. Based on my RZR experience I would spend the money on the RGR if I was in your situation. I used and highly recommend Mudbuster.

· Registered
124 Posts
I live in western SD and I use my Crew Cab for trips into town on a regular basis. This time of the year, the highway & streets are covered with slush and water from the all of the salt melting the snow. The windshield is constantly getting covered with the dirty water flying off of the front tires.

What sort of success have you guys seen with the addition of fender flares. Worth it, or waste of $$?

I've been looking at this set. Fender Flares
We didn't put fender flares on ours. But we did put a piece of plastic between the front of the fender and the bumper. What we noticed was the dirt etc hitting the bumper going back and hitting the headlights, hood and windshield.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We didn't put fender flares on ours. But we did put a piece of plastic between the front of the fender and the bumper. What we noticed was the dirt etc hitting the bumper going back and hitting the headlights, hood and windshield.
That is certainly worth a try.

· Registered
124 Posts
I'd like to see what you did. Thanks!
We used some heavy corrugated plastic to make them. They are attached with zip strips to the bumper and self tapping screws to the front lower body.

Attachments

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to spend some time trying to figure out a way to do something like that. I don't have a front bumper to use as a mounting point.

Thanks for the photos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts