Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend, I finally got a few days off and we went to the Camp...aka the Cabin at the deer lease.........my youngest son DIL and 8 month old Grandaughter Ali also came over........we did nothing, but enjoy ourselves, and watched the water from the river rise........The lease is about 1 1/2 -2 miles upstream on the Arkansas River, from where it dumps into the Mississippi River, the Camp itselfs sits on high ground about a mile from the river.........and with all the rain in North Arkansas last week, the rivers are on the rampage...the Mississippi is supposed to crest at 40ft on Wed. morning, at Arkansas City, which is down river from us.......the water has to be 45+ to get into the Camp area, as it is the highest ground on the property!! you can see in one pic, where the water was when we left, right now, it is right at the bottom of the mailbox, on the left by the gate.......in one pc, my son Josh is setting a trotline in the back water to try to catch some catfish, the deer stand, beside him is 4 ft tall and when we left the water was almost to the top of it..if you're wondering, we put a camo blind on top of the platform ;D ;D..then the last pic, is of a Red fox we saw on the levee, just after we left camp....he sure was a pretty red!!!!! Always hate to leave over there, but with the water it'll a month before we can get back in, without a boat, and the Ranger can't swim!!! :'(

1 - 1 of 1 Posts