Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2012 Ranger 800 Crew to Wind Rock this past New Years Day and found that I have a problem. When I shut it off, I have to wait till the engine temp gets below 190 degrees before it will start again. If I try to start it while the temp is higher, the engine just turns over and over as if it is out of fuel. Also, while I am riding the temp fluctuates between 170 and 208. Is it normal for this to be happening? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
my 12 did the same thing,it would even spray fuel out the vent tube.You could hear the fuel boiling in the fuel tank.this is what i did.no more problems.later on i also put a power commander V on it.they make these things run soooo lean.Now no hot seat and engine runs a lot cooler.

·
Registered
871 Posts
It's the ethanol in the gas. Ethanol boils at about 160 degrees which will cause it to vapor lock. Do some checking and find non ethanol blended gas. It can be hard to find, but it's worth it once u do

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ethanol gas is terrible on any engine that is not a daily user. Go by the nearest lawn mower repair shop and ask to see the fuel system from some junkers. Most will have deposits of hard residual ethanol oozing out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my ranger was stuck in a hole at an angle and running. winched it out and now surges and dies....even sounds like a mechanical clank when its above an idle. Engine light came on and I dnt have a clue????? anybody have a suggestion???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts