Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying first utv, Ranger 570Premium. Don't know what accessories are a must. Getting glass windshield, poly back window and roof. Not sure if I need heater, wipers, doors and/or rear mirror. I live in Michigan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats....I too just purchased and am enjoying the UTV world. Depending on how you plan to use yours, but I added windshield, exhaust silencer, rear view mirror, and additional cab storage ( strapped bags that fit above head in cab). In the process of adding a seed spreader. Also have spent some time building pvc applications for the bed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't plan on plowing, but, deer hunt in fall and early winter. As far as the windshield torn between glass and poly. Also, wonder if wipers are needed.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like my glass. Zero possibly of scratching. If you go poly. Be sure to get the hard coated. Way more scratch resistant.

I ran a lot of years without doors. You'll be dressed in warm hunting gear.

Michigan here also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It gets cold in Michigan I have a 570 midsize and have added doors,heater,winch,snowplow,hydraulic lift for yard work
backup camera and a lot of lights, I also installed another battery !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much have decided to go with glass windshield, poly back window and roof, canvas doors, and rear mirror. Guess wipers would be best to have, seem awful expensive. Leaning towards not getting heater. If at a later time I decide to get a heater or wipers, are these something I could install?

·
Registered
313 Posts
You can add those later. Just installed a Inferno heater in mine. Way cheaper than Polaris brand.
Just make sure you get a windshield that has the hole for the wipers.

I just use rainx on my window. Ride in the rain all the time.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 570 Full Size Crew, OEM top, aftermarket front and rear windshields, Maxxis Ceros tires.
177 Posts
There are DIY wiper setups you can install from automotive parts. Plenty of vids on YouTube. Depends how distracted you are with water on the windshield. I rode dirt bikes and street bikes for 40 years, rain or shine. Never had a wiper. Drives my wife nuts when I drive with the wipers off. With rainx on glass, wipers are only necessary in a deluge. If you look thru the glass and not at the glass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally decided what to get. Poly roof, canvas doors, glass windshield, poly rear window. No heater or wiper at this time. Ranger 570 Premium so we have power steering. Thanks to responders. Now what trailer to get.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts