Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a quote "pro homeowner" self employed and this year hasn't been kind to my business or family. Got my ranger and want/need to make it more of an asset in the field. What are you guys D.I.Y.'ing to make your machines handier?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ve build a nice elevated cargo rack for the receiver hitch, a tool holder that goes in the bed for holding shovels, rakes etc etc, a custom gun rack for the bed, one for the inside and a swinging lift with a winch for loading up dead furry woodland creatures all of which can be removed in a matter of minutes. I’ve also built a light bar for the rear of the cab and side lights. It really depends on what your doing with your machine but the options of a DIY build sheet are endless.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 570 Full Size Crew, OEM top, aftermarket front and rear windshields, Maxxis Ceros tires.
298 Posts
So far the only DIY accessories for me is a raised receiver that matches the small, light weight trailers/carts I use for yard work that enables use of my hitch to pull my rolling garbage cans to the road. The garbage can hitch was made to fit my truck receiver height which is much higher than the Ranger receiver.

As soon as a buddy and I get time we will build an elevated cargo carrier mounted over the bed. High enough to clear open cooler lids for carrying light items like camp tables and folding lawn chairs.

For anything slipped into the receiver I use anti-rattle clamps made from 2" square u-bolts and scrap 2" aluminum angle. Makes pulling trailers much quieter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fabricated a hitch extension to allow the use of a hitch mounted salt spreader. The weight of the extension and spreader will be hard on the factory hitch. The ring is to transfer weight to the frame via ratchet strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good. How much does the spreader and salt weigh? I think I'll be doing similar for my yard cart for harvesting logs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts