Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar crew
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has two artificial knees and her back has been fused in 3 different locations. Since I added the BFG KM3’s 30x10.00R15 tires and turned the shocks all the way up and added the Ranger 2” ProLift she has a hard time getting in and out of our NorthStar.

Now we’re thinking about going with forward A arms so I can at lease lower it back down some. That may be just putting the shocks back to the lowest setting after forward a arms. Maybe even remove the Ranger ProLift if I have too, but hopefully not. There are so many out there, and since this is something that I don’t really know anything about I’m going to need some suggestions.

How hard are they to install?

How many of you have done it yourself, or did you have a shop do it?

What brand would you go with and why?

I was thinking about these, but only because I saw a post were someone recommended them.

· Registered
302 Posts
Funny you even posted this.

I have been watching videos on HCR. Want to talk about quality. Wow!

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Funny you even posted this.

I have been watching videos on HCR. Want to talk about quality. Wow!
Expensive! I want something for the front only. Couldn’t find anything like that on their website. Also want something that allows me to use my axles, that are adjustable & with grease fittings.

· Registered
2022 Ranger XP1000 Northstar crew Trailboss
73 Posts
Well shoot, I’ve see some out on the trail & heard nothing but positive things about the forward A arms. I can’t use then because it won’t match my arched A arm’s. So I haven’t payed attention to the brands. Where I noticed my lift the most was getting in/out of my Ranger also!

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your pro lift won't work with aftermarket arms just so you're aware. The forward arms will allow you to clear the tires though.

I run the super atv 1.5 forward.
From most of what I’ve read, I figured the ProLift might have to be removed. By any chance can you still use your stock axles? Do they raise the height of the machine too, & are they adjustable and do they have a grease fitting? Did you install they, or have a shops do it?

Lots of questions I know, but when I do decide to go with one I’m just trying to get exactly what I really need. Don’t want to make another mistake and have to remove or install more components.

Thanks again for the info!

· Vendor
647 Posts
From most of what I’ve read, I figured the ProLift might have to be removed. By any chance can you still use your stock axles? Do they raise the height of the machine too, & are they adjustable and do they have a grease fitting? Did you install they, or have a shops do it?

Lots of questions I know, but when I do decide to go with one I’m just trying to get exactly what I really need. Don’t want to make another mistake and have to remove or install more components.

Thanks again for the info!
Installation is pretty simple. Just nuts and bolts.

Ours are adjustable to set up your camber however you'd like.

They do not raise the height of the machine, but they are arched to give you more ground clearance under the lowers.

Stock axles are perfectly fine.

And they do have grease fittings.

If you feel like pulling trigger on ours, feel free to shoot me a PM first and I'll get you the forum member discount.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Installation is pretty simple. Just nuts and bolts.

Ours are adjustable to set up your camber however you'd like.

They do not raise the height of the machine, but they are arched to give you more ground clearance under the lowers.

Stock axles are perfectly fine.

And they do have grease fittings.

If you feel like pulling trigger on ours, feel free to shoot me a PM first and I'll get you the forum member discount.
One more thing, are they heavy duty built, or more like stock? Thank you very much for the info. I really appreciate itt!

· Registered
302 Posts
I was checking out the super atv ones last night. Seem like killer quality.

my trail boss has the arched arms already but they aren’t forward. I noticed the factory powder coat on mine have some cracks already as well. Makes me wander if they are tweaked a little.

· Registered
77 Posts
I'm running SATV front and rear, they are definitely beefier than stock, the adjustments of them are a love hate, SATV says they come pre adjusted, my did not, measurements were all over the place, I had a 4 wheel alignment done on my buggy and all is good. My buddy got the HCR arms & they are excellent quality with no adjustment, I like this better but I won't say SATV is worse just preference in less moving parts. I'd also like to mention that I ran 30x9.5x15 with 2" wheel spacers on my buggy when it was bone stock with a very minimal of rubbing. Current set up is Marshal motoart lift SATV arms, 2" spacers and 33x9.5x15

· Registered
18 Posts
My wife has two artificial knees and her back has been fused in 3 different locations. Since I added the BFG KM3’s 30x10.00R15 tires and turned the shocks all the way up and added the Ranger 2” ProLift she has a hard time getting in and out of our NorthStar.

Now we’re thinking about going with forward A arms so I can at lease lower it back down some. That may be just putting the shocks back to the lowest setting after forward a arms. Maybe even remove the Ranger ProLift if I have too, but hopefully not. There are so many out there, and since this is something that I don’t really know anything about I’m going to need some suggestions.

How hard are they to install?

How many of you have done it yourself, or did you have a shop do it?

What brand would you go with and why?

I was thinking about these, but only because I saw a post were someone recommended them.

Super atv are really good they are very easy to install I did mine in about 2 hrs. Doesn't matter witch ones you get they all install the same has long as you don't go any longer. Just a forward a arm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts