Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find it on here. Buddy of mine was saying he read where people plumb the Fresh Air intake with filter that's under the front hood back into the firewall so that its sucking in cool inside air.

Anyone else done this? I assume to make it the same as your car recirculating air vs fresh air vents being open.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
210 Posts
Have not but thought the same thing. My crew a/c is cold when it first fires up but after everything is warm then its not as good. Still better than no ac but dramatically different. Makes sense to me if you have the heat from the radiator right by the heater intake that the air is likely pretty warm the the airbox. Looks like all that would need to be done is to pop the hose off the side of the hvac box to test this out. Maybe the air filter would fit back in its place?

Gesture Font Rectangle Parallel Technology

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Idk havent inspected it much. I would rather my ac work better and my heater take a little longer to warm up. Im in Texas i want to fight heat. Once I get done with bailing this week ill have time to put my new roof and bumpers on and ill look into this more to see what can be done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts