Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a used front drive shaft for a 1999 Polaris Ranger 6x6, thanks.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
have you talked to a dealer about a drive shaft? Also we have a sponsor that might be able to help you www.foxvalleyatv.com check them out. I will have one more sponsor by the beginning of the year that is a polaris dealer might get some good discounts.

Josh

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealers want almost 300 buck for a front drive shaft, 195 is still steep, but it is getting better. The front axles are fine it is the drive shaft I need.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I checked with local dealers and they are about the same price you stated above. Sounds like 300.00 is the correct price for the prop shaft. Unless you find a wrecked one on e-bay I don't think you could beat the 195.00 price. Parts for these things are not cheap. What happened to your other prop shaft?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was given to me and at the time I had no clue about them or even if the machine ran. It was set on the trailer with a back hoe and I had to pull it off of the trailer. I thought there was something wrong in the drive train so I took it apart to find nothing. Here are some pics.

I then found out that it had been parked because of front end problems so I fixed that.

So all that has led me to where I'm at, my boss is looking for the front drive shaft at the shop, but who knows.

So I think that is pretty much the history of me getting this thing last summer and I have learned a lot about them or this one anyway.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Very nice work, and thanks for the chronicle, that is a sweet paint job as well..

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bigdog800efi said:
New front prop shaft 195.00
That is the best price so far, who is that from????? I'm trying to get a trailer first so the drive shaft will be awhile. As far as parts donors, I'm not finding any of them

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Code said:
Very nice work, and thanks for the chronicle, that is a sweet paint job as well..
Thanks, my little one had fun with the painting, she didn't like me taking her picture though.

·
Registered
373 Posts
GPER said:
Bigdog800efi said:
New front prop shaft 195.00
That is the best price so far, who is that from????? I'm trying to get a trailer first so the drive shaft will be awhile. As far as parts donors, I'm not finding any of them
Me, Fox Valley ATV Accessories

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That is a great deal BigDog! I checked with my dealer buddy here and he wants $279.

If that rig was given to you or some sort of partial payment for work done then you are way ahead of the game.

A little TLC and that ought to be quite the machine.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Use a site like World of power sports and get the part numbers. Or what ever site you use let me know which one, so I can double check the numbers to mine. Use the quote tab or give me a call.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
ALAG3 said:
Boy, that thing had seen better days!
Sounds like it was either free or partial payment for some excavating work he did. He may never have owned a Ranger if it wasn't for this good fortune so lets not kick it!

The funny part is that some of the best machines I ever had were ones that came real cheap and just needed so work and TLC. A guy up the street gave me my first dirt bike back in 1966, Hodaka ACE 90 and said the engine was shot. Had it running in a few hours and $22 in parts and it is nothing but history from there!

Sometimes we need to get bit by a bug to get this disease! :2funny:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts