Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anyone offer advice on best/easiest way to do the alignment on a 2015 ranger XP900. Also what is the recommended toe. I have read 1/4 inch toe out but I also have heard it should be toe in. Any suggestion?

If you have pictures or something to show ways to do the alignment that would be great as well!!

Thanks ALL!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
A slight toe in is recommended. Toe out is hard on parts. There is a process for alignment in the service manual.

·
Administrator
2,647 Posts
Polaris says slight toe out but anything from slightly out to slightly in doesn't seem to make much difference judging from the responses on here over a long period of time.
The way you measure it can also make a difference on what you really have for toe. If you use the string method you might end up with toe in when you think you have no toe since many Polaris vehicles, especially Rangers are usually slightly wider in the rear tread than front tread. But it probably isn't enough to make a real difference either way.

·
Registered
2019 Ranger XP 900
4 Posts
Polaris says slight toe out but anything from slightly out to slightly in doesn't seem to make much difference judging from the responses on here over a long period of time.
The way you measure it can also make a difference on what you really have for toe. If you use the string method you might end up with toe in when you think you have no toe since many Polaris vehicles, especially Rangers are usually slightly wider in the rear tread than front tread. But it probably isn't enough to make a real difference either way.
Thanks for the response. I know how to do it, but would've liked to get it close to what factory specs say it should be. Toe out doesn't really make sense to me, since other machines I have experience with all have toe in because they toe out when you compress the suspension and start riding.

·
Administrator
2,647 Posts
Thanks for the response. I know how to do it, but would've liked to get it close to what factory specs say it should be. Toe out doesn't really make sense to me, since other machines I have experience with all have toe in because they toe out when you compress the suspension and start riding.
The only reason a double A arm suspension would toe out when you compress the suspension and start riding is if the suspension geometry is incorrect. Polaris trailing arm rear suspension does change with ride height quite a bit.
Polaris says 1/8' to 1/4" toe out on every vehicle that I have owned, atvs and sxs's
I never set mine more than 1/8". I think I set my Ranger at 0 but I don't remember for sure
If you are riding on dirt I doubt you would be able to tell any difference toe out or in as long as it is withing normal alignment range settings.
If you ride hard pack or pavement I would set it with 0 toe or slight toe in if that is what you prefer.

·
Registered
2019 Ranger XP 900
4 Posts
The only reason a double A arm suspension would toe out when you compress the suspension and start riding is if the suspension geometry is incorrect. Polaris trailing arm rear suspension does change with ride height quite a bit.
Polaris says 1/8' to 1/4" toe out on every vehicle that I have owned, atvs and sxs's
I never set mine more than 1/8". I think I set my Ranger at 0 but I don't remember for sure
If you are riding on dirt I doubt you would be able to tell any difference toe out or in as long as it is withing normal alignment range settings.
If you ride hard pack or pavement I would set it with 0 toe or slight toe in if that is what you prefer.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts