Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar crew
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I removed the front receiver hitch from our NorthStar crew. It was so dang high off the ground that I really couldn’t use it. Now I’m using part of the Polaris plow system, a pin welded to a 2” ball and I’m able to move my log splitter with ease. Only thing I still have to do is make a support that goes from the frame up to the bar that has the handle on it so it will keep the frame from moving up while I’m moving the log splitter around. Hopefully I’ll be able to get that made in a couple of weeks!
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle
Automotive tire Vehicle Bicycle part Motor vehicle Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
225 Posts
Would the factory Polaris front one suit your needs or be in the way of the plow mount? I know it’s probably not the beefiest of designs but looks like it would suffice for the log splitter.

Your setup does allow for crawling up the implements and grabbing it so to say. Cool idea.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar crew
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s made by KFI! Going to be scrap metal soon. It’s so high that you really can’t use it at all.
Would the factory Polaris front one suit your needs or be in the way of the plow mount? I know it’s probably not the beefiest of designs but looks like it would suffice for the log splitter.

Your setup does allow for crawling up the implements and grabbing it so to say. Cool idea.
Really not sure! I disliked this one so much that I decided to use the plow frame with a ball on it. It makes it so easy to pull up to the log splitter, lift the ball up using the winch and head out to the log pile. Since it’s not very far to move it, I don’t even secure the log splitter to the ball. May end up regretting that one of theses days if it ever comes off! We’ll see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts