Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these the only people in the country that can work on Delta QuiQ chargers? I HOPE NOT, because I've been dealing with FSIP for over a month now and they SUCK! They originally rebuilt my charger before I owned my 2011 EV4x4. Their reman sticker was on the side of my charger so that's how I got in touch with them. They seemed to be very nice on the phone so I boxed up my charger and sent it to them back the last week of October. They asked me to include a note letting them know what problems I had with the charger (NO lights, no reactions, no nothing when plugged in) and anyother services I wished (I asked them to change the algorithm from 73 to 11).

The lady I first spoke with told me that a "simple reman" would be appx 6-7 days once they got it. I sent it UPS on Thurs 10/27/22 and they had it by the following Tues 11/01/22. Later that week I called them to followup with them on progress AND to include the information given to me by the battery mfrg as I had gotten new batts (8 Diehard GC12 147ah batteries). The "braintrust" in the service center advised that based on that information, they felt the #11 algorithm would be much to slow and they strongly recommended that I instead go with algorithm #72. So I told them that since they were the "experts" I would trust them and then gave them the go ahead to change the algorithm to 72.

Well it's now over a month later and after several more calls with various "customer service" ladies, I have gotten discouraged and yes mad with their run around and "Moe, Larry & Curly" system of "customer service & followup". I called yesterday and wanted some answers and the CS Lady assured me she would get any and all information and call me back later yesterday afternoon. Yep NO CALL. So I called earlier this morning, spoke with same lady, I don't scream and yell (YET!) but she knows I'm not happy and I want answers. So she offered to get with the service tech working on my unit and get any results and discoveries then from them via email and to get that info then forwarded to me via email by close of biz today. I'm giving her the benefit of doubt here but based on her lack of a promised return call yesterday, I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

Anyone else dealt with these folks before? At this point I just want my charger back with SOME SORT of clue as to what it is doing/not doing. Does anyone have any recommendations for any other decent service/repair facilities for these Delta chargers? My charger had no obvious signs (neither internal or external) of any problems, no burnt wires, pins, nothing. But it wouldn't do ANYTHING when plugged in. It worked fine earlier this summer "until it didn't". It burnt the typical MPC connector and that wire between the MPC and the contactor (that little short, 3 wire harness). So I've already replaced all of that with an Anderson connector, new wires, an improved "3 wire harness" between the connector and the contactor and my Ranger EV is running perfectly but obviously charging it is a PITA as I have to disconnect the two cables from the controller/brain box (for assurance, at least in my mind) and then charge each battery separately with 4 separate battery chargers I have.

Sadly "Service & work" are a DEAD "philosophy" in our country anymore. Be them making $6 cheeseburgers, $600 chargers or $600K homes, it just appears that anyone under 50 in our nation anymore simply refuses to do a damned thing other than sit under the roof and wait to clock out as quickly as possible. :mad:

· Registered
13 Posts
The age cutoff is 42…that’s when GenX ended and gen Y began…curiously, it’s also the same number that the supercomputer in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy came to after calculating the answer to the most important question to humanity.

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything, is…

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess they felt the "urgency" in my calls, they rebuilt my charger said the "work card" as she called it, had gone out and needed replacement, they likewise reset the algorithm to 72, put a new and longer power cord on my charger and I got it last Saturday. So yesterday I went and got my EV 4x4 from my farm and brought it home because I wanted to monitor it last night while it charged just to see how well it worked, check the batteries and just make sure all was ok. I had ran the cart yesterday at my farm and then again a couple miles through my neighborhood just trying to get the batts as low as possible before charging. When I finished I checked the voltages of all 8 batts and got readings between 12.0-12.1v. The battery meter on the dash had the last two red lights on the left flashing in the lowest position but the cart was still running perfectly and would run 24-25mph (gps) on the street.

I plugged the charger in about 5:30p and we headed out for the night. I came back about 10 and checked the charger, it had already charged to 100% (flashing green full light and the II amber light was on). According to the manual that said the charger was already beyond the absorption phase and was in the "finish stage". I could hear the batteries "percolating" and various voltages readings during that charge cycle were still in the lower 14Vs to upper 15Vs range. I decided to leave it on all night and would check it in the morning.

So this morning I checked it and it was on 100%, steady green light and had shutoff as everything was full. I checked a cell in each batt and they were fine, no water needed. (These batts are 2mths old) I checked voltages again, most were 12.83-12.84 range with the lowest being 12.80v and highest being 12.89v. So it appears as if "all systems are go" and hopefully there will be mud on the tires and critter blood in the back of this thing this weekend as my best bud is coming in from out of town and we are headed for the riverbottoms tomorrow for the rest of the week.

At least FSIP did as they said they would and the charger appears to be "as new" now. I just am still frustrated with how long it took and how much I had to stay atop them to get it done.

But I LOVE this EX 4x4, I catch myself wanting to spit at my previous "jacked up golf carts" as I walk past them in the shop at my farm. There's simply no comparison between them and the EV. Two are pee-wee tag players and other is a 1st round NFL draft pick. I'll let you guys guess which is which.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts