Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New to the forum and I have a 2009 Ranger 700 EX that has caught fire because the kid had messed with the feul line that returns fuel to the tank from the fuel rail. Thank god I was nearby and we had a fire extinguiser on the rig. So after replacing the burnt wiring and other damage, I am looking for a replacement return line. I looked at Rocky Mtn ATV OEM parts breakdown and it shows just a piece of 1/4 inch fuel line, but the fuel rail has a fitting on it and 1/4 inch line wont attach. I will post pictures with this. The fitting with the green latch is from a Ford product and fits the rail perfectly. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Gas Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Auto part Nut
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Coil Vehicle brake
Vehicle brake Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive fuel system
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Coil Vehicle brake

·
Registered
472 Posts
It's hard to say with just pics, but if that fuel fitting snaps on and the oring seals, I'd take it to the local autoparts place and find the fittings, adapters, etc. to get it attached to 1/4" fuel line and run with it. Can't tell what size that one is, maybe 3/8", but they might also have that same fuel fitting on a 1/4" line as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Crazy ElecE, I went to a hardware store and found a brass hose barb fitting to go from 1/4 inch.to 3/8. I heated the 3/8 automotive plastic hose with my heat gun and slid the barbed end into the plastic tube. Assembled the return line and started the machine. No leaks and runs well. Every auto parts store told me that was an OEM part and to go to the dealer. Again Thank you very much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts