Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a crew XP1000 and are looking to get rid of the nets but debating between half doors or full doors with roll down windows. We do not take it out during the winter months. We mostly do trail riding and crop touring the rest of the year. Any one have thoughts on one set or the other?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you decide on half doors check out the Fortress doors. If I get doors that’s what I will
Get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
93 Posts
How often do you ride in the rain?
I think that's the only time I want full doors, rest of the time I want half. Right now I have none.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had full doors with electric windows. They were nice, but way too heavy. I'm now running half doors and they are more than adequate in almost all conditions. We miss the windows when it's raining hard, but otherwise I'm much happier with the half doors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have full doors with sliding style windows and the lil butterfly vent windows. They do a good job cooling the cab when moving. We have a lot of biting flies and mosquitos where I live so the doors add a great level of protection from getting eaten alive. I can remove them during hunting season for fast exits w the gun which is a plus. When its really cold or raining they are great at cutting down on that noise from the passenger seat!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was in the same situation and ended up going 1/2 doors. Here in Texas it can get hot fast and the 1/2 doors are great in the heat. Also in the cold they provide a surprising level of heat retention in the cab. For hunting they provide visibility and a good rest. I went with the factory 1/2 doors because honestly the fit and finish was there and if you work hard on pricing they are not that much more than others. The Fortress doors were a close second and had I not got the OEM ones to where I did that would have been my route. I was strongly considering the SATV full/half doors but they have yet to release a full set for us with Crew Cabs. Had they finally released the full set they would have earned my business, so if you are a 3 seater, maybe consider that for the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a North star so it has a full cab/doors. I really enjoy riding in the rain/snow and at night with protection from the elements and bugs. I have never taken the doors off. The only complaint i have is mine is a 17 model with flip out windows.....roll down windows would be the way to go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts