Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My crappy Polaris battery is completely shot in 15 months. Yay! I have a Full Size 2013 Ranger 800 EFI and I have always wanted to take that little crappy ATV battery out of there and get a full size under the hood. Does anyone have any advice or pictures of a mod like this? I currently use my under seat storage heavily for winching equipment and straps and shovels, so putting a new battery under the seat is probably not an option. I googled this pretty extensively and can't find much. Thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just get an Odyssey 925L and forget the full size battery. You'll be much happier

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just got my 2014 800, and under the drivers seat is a storage bin, when I pulled that up and out. There is a full size battery mounted underneath. My buddy says the 2012 he looked at has a deeper bin under the seat. The battery bracket is a very simple metal cage. I'm not a gear head , but I can fab anything ,so if you are a gear head , you can buy a premade battery box. Mount it under the storage bin , run longer leads to and from the battery. Under the hood. Both battery boxes are empty. So you could store stuff there if needed. Just a thought.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You really don't need a separator, just hook up two Odyssey's in parallel.
Our stators will charge them both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts