Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone on this forum that has any inside info that can be divulged as to the future of the 6x6 model? Upgrades or retirement? A General 6x6 would be a nice upgrade. (better seating?)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Last time I was at my local dealer (about mid-november). I had asked about the 6x6, he says oh Polaris quit making it in 2014. They do have a 2015 model, and I believe they have a 2016 model as well. I don't think they have sold very well, so it wouldn't surprise me if Polaris does away with them...they may continue them for special purposes but for general public sale I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them dropped from the list of models.

On the Polaris site it still shows the 6x6 being available. It still has the 800 engine in it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If Polaris would upgrade to the new XP body and motor I think more people would be interested. It seems the 6x6 got left behind in all the upgrade and no one wants the old body style or 800 motor. Me, I think they are a great machine! I removed the restrictor orifice and it brought the motor to life. No complaints other than I wish they would of put grease fitting on the A-Arm bushings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If Polaris would upgrade to the new XP body and motor I think more people would be interested. It seems the 6x6 got left behind in all the upgrade and no one wants the old body style or 800 motor. Me, I think they are a great machine! I removed the restrictor orifice and it brought the motor to life. No complaints other than I wish they would of put grease fitting on the A-Arm bushings.
What do you mean by you removed the restrictor orifice? Can you explain more?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts