·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about sending in my epu for an upgrade any issues i should know about

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very happy with ours on our 17 G2 General Ride Command. We bought a new ECU from him and kept our old one stock. Adjusted fan for radiator temp, speed override, about 10 HP increase, and another thing or two.
Call Terry up and talk with him. Great guy that isn't going to talk you into something you don't want or need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really like that I can perform all duties needed without the seat belt fastened; however, I do buckle up on the road.
Nice to be able to go fast when I want to. I bought some larger tires (Tusk Terrabite Radials) 'cus I was going to do an extreme ride, but decided my time was better spent making many shorter rides. Like both the ECU change and the tires. Would probably do both again.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Its very noticeable. It seems to have a 'power band' of power after the flash. I'm guessing it adds 10-15 hp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know I’m a little late on this post but how soon can you install the tune and clutch kit on a new 2020 xp 1000? I purchased a 2020 xp1000 yesterday. I’ll be in the break in period for a little while but really want to put the Giloman tune and clutch kit on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know I’m a little late on this post but how soon can you install the tune and clutch kit on a new 2020 xp 1000? I purchased a 2020 xp1000 yesterday. I’ll be in the break in period for a little while but really want to put the Giloman tune and clutch kit on it.
I waited untill I had 24 hrs on my 900 xp did the tune and clutch kit clutch is real smooth and the power is great had it up to 70 mph

·
Registered
2 Posts
I waited untill I had 24 hrs on my 900 xp did the tune and clutch kit clutch is real smooth and the power is great had it up to 70 mph
hey jammer. Thanks for the reply on my first forum post. I plan to continue the break in period before tuning or clutching it. It’s good to know you installed your tune at 24 hours with no issues. From what I read, it seems these tunes wake your bike up and allow them to run how they were made to.
Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts