Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll let ya know how it does............maybe I can get the time to put it on tomorrow...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well....I installed the Benz silencer over the weekend and the results are that I will be returning it. It did reduce some of the exhaust noise but the overall sound did not change significantly. Not nearly enough to justify the money. Probably is good on other bikes though...that's my report fwiw. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was gonna try one on my XP700 during hunting season but was told by my dealer and another Ranger owner that it did not reduce the noise good enough to justify the concerns of engine overheating? With that.......I never baught one??? Thanks for your report.....................

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think the issue is that so much the noise from the Ranger comes from places other than the exhaust itself. It probably 'did' help with the exhaust noise - it's just that the exhaust is not the only noise problem.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I mounted a stealth muffler on my RZR, it mounts to the out put of the stock muffler. While riding in the RZR it reduced the apparent noise level about 30 %. If you are trying to quiet a motor for hunting, the drivers seat is not the place to judge the noise level. My exhaust points to the ground. Another person drove my RZR, When they got about 50 feet from me, the noise level dropped significantly. I figured out that closer than that, I was hearing the muffler and the echo noise from the ground. After 50 feet all I was hearing was the muffler. My RZR was a lot more quiet then I thought it was. After It had gone behind my house, I could not hear the machine at all. So if you are trying to quiet a motor, have someone else drive it away from you before you modify it. That will give you a bettor reference point for how quiet it is. I am sure they have a meter to measure decibel level, but I have not seen one. I think ears probably work good enough except for determining an accurate per cent of noise reduction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts