Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like to get recommendations for the best gps mount for garmin rino 655 on my 2018 ranger xp1000. steering wheel or frame mount suggestions as well as model, etc. many thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's not going to happen since I use the garmin as a handheld, but wanted to also use it while moving to a hunt site location while still in the ranger. wanted to know if someone with a similar situation and need had a good solution. ride command isn't an option for me, but thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
that's not going to happen since I use the garmin as a handheld, but wanted to also use it while moving to a hunt site location while still in the ranger. wanted to know if someone with a similar situation and need had a good solution. ride command isn't an option for me, but thanks for the recommendation.
I took the crap holder on the top/center of the dash out and installed a ram mount for a Lowrance HDS8.
At first I was concerned about it popping out from the weight but it’s been a year without issues.
It’s a pretty big/heavy unit at about 10” x 7”. I just use the gps but recently bought an ice-transducer to see how it works as a flasher.
I don’t have access to pics right now but will try to remember this weekend if you are interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't think i'll need pics. my gps is a hand held garmin rino for hunting. I was just looking for a nice easy mount on the steering wheel column if one was available. i'll use a suction mount for this gps since I take it with me when on foot. thanks for your help. all the best.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ram mounts are the best. Easy to put device in and remove but very strong holding power for the device. They have a very wide selection for different devices and different mounting solutions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts