Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
It's amazing what you can achieve with some angle iron, cement blocks, and a section of chain link fence.
I currently use a box blade on the 3-point hitch on my tractor.
But I messed around with dragging random things behind my Ranger and while the box blade does a next level job with 1 pass, dragging shit around wasn't bad.

· Registered
432 Posts
It's amazing what you can achieve with some angle iron, cement blocks, and a section of chain link fence.
I currently use a box blade on the 3-point hitch on my tractor.
But I messed around with dragging random things behind my Ranger and while the box blade does a next level job with 1 pass, dragging shit around wasn't bad.
How aout a old set of bedsprings ? :)

· Registered
2017 Ranger Crew Northstar 6" lift 15" wheels with 32's
218 Posts
There is a nighborhood around hear that has a nice grade on the road. They have a fairly large 6 or 8 foot of I-beam with a chain welded from one end to the other to pull it with. I have never seen it in action. But the road looks pretty nice when I ride the ranger through.

Reactions: yooper265

· Registered
432 Posts
There is a nighborhood around hear that has a nice grade on the road. They have a fairly large 6 or 8 foot of I-beam with a chain welded from one end to the other to pull it with. I have never seen it in action. But the road looks pretty nice when I ride the ranger through.
I have that " setup " now , I used a piece of aluminum I-beam , easier to drag with my Sportsman , also have used bedsprings { no exra weight needed } , both work suprisingly well
Getting hard to find those old time bedsprings- lol

· Registered
2017 Ranger Crew Northstar 6" lift 15" wheels with 32's
218 Posts
I have that " setup " now , I used a piece of aluminum I-beam , easier to drag with my Sportsman , also have used bedsprings { no exra weight needed } , both work suprisingly well
Getting hard to find those old time bedsprings- lol
Aluminum might be better. I doubt the one I saw was being pulled by a ranger. It was a heavy piece of metal! Paving has been my best solution. But a power rake on the back of a tractor or front of a skid steer is the way to go.

· Registered
217 Posts
Aluminum might be better. I doubt the one I saw was being pulled by a ranger. It was a heavy piece of metal! Paving has been my best solution. But a power rake on the back of a tractor or front of a skid steer is the way to go.
I have a 15 ft [email protected] beam i pull around its actually really easy to pull with the ranger in low range

· Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
324 Posts
I dont grade with my Ranger but used to with a 400 Yamaha. I used a 5 or 6’ wide flange heavy i beam and it was awesome. As i would pull it in the gravel it filled up the top portion of the beam with gravel which would add weight to keep the beam to the ground. The only issue i had was turning…the chain would occasionally catch my ITP mudlite lugs and once it pulled the chain to the point the i beam busted through the fender. As long as your careful or can get it so if a tight turn is made the tires dont catch the chain all should be good.

· Registered
12 Posts
I recently stayed at an RV park, and they used a simple galvanized fence pipe (~2" X 4') with a 4' X 4' piece of chain link fencing. They also wired two old tires to the chain link for some weight. it was cheap to construct and was doing a great job. I believe it was pulled by a 500 sportsman.

· Registered
432 Posts
I recently stayed at an RV park, and they used a simple galvanized fence pipe (~2" X 4') with a 4' X 4' piece of chain link fencing. They also wired two old tires to the chain link for some weight. it was cheap to construct and was doing a great job. I believe it was pulled by a 500 sportsman.
I can see it now , a rash of fence gates being stolen thanks to this post :):)

· Registered
16 Posts
In my experience this may be the easiest option to try and then modify from there as needed based upon experience. I maintain my well built gravel driveway and my neighbor's driveway using my tractor and a 7' tractor based landscape rake with mounted guide wheels. I adjust the rake/wheels so there is only light pressure on the roadway- just enough to spread the gravel and not dig into the base material. Disturbing solid, intact base material is the last thing you want to do as it will start a chain reaction of additional future maintenance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts