Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Very interesting Cat! I asked that same exact question not a month ago and got refered to their rules which clearly state the RZR is restricted to the green trails only!

I got hammered by the bunch at PRC over it and have not posted there since except for threads I was immersed in.

I even cancelled a long planned trip to the HM trails because I would be holding my buddies back who love to find the hardest trails that I would not be legal on. Here at home they have a tough time following me in my RZR!

What really Ps me Off is they are so slow to recognize and approve a good machine and can't just let riders decide for themselves just how much trouble and expense they are willing to take.

Think about it for a minute. I know guys who have some real well built full sized rangers that will do just fine with them behind the wheel. I also know some guys who have other approved machines who can't drive well enough to get over a stump or up a steep grade!

I think it has nothing to do with the machine and everything to do with who is behind the wheel!

Just because a guy has a dirt bike doesn't mean he can drive it in the dirt!

All these regulations and width rules serve only a bunch of idiots who have no clue how to ride or get past obsticles and thats what off road driving is all about.

I'm expecting the next hurdle to be " Those over 50 are not approved on this trail " ! With my middle finger pointing upwards!

Gary

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
........or over 300 lbs. .......... :tickedoff: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
They should have a test for Drivers ability!

Question # 1- While riding a trail in an RZR you come upon a stuck Rino blocking your path. What should you do?

Answer- Use it for traction! :2funny:

Gary

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm out for all the public trails in Ohio since the Ranger is over 50 inches so I'm limited to the few places I can take my Jeep. we can't ride on public land but it is ok for THEM to let a company go in and cut it all down. :tickedoff:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thats a great point GPER. Here in NY there are all sorts of wood roads cut through our state parks for the purpose of logging and or fire fighting. Most of the trails on our hunting club property are old logging roads that we maintain for the purpose of riding. Every time we have a major storm we go out and find downed trees along out trails that we cut and move to keep them open.

There is no damage from our riding that is not outweighed by our own maintainance.

Some states are just anti ORV and there is little we seem to be doing to get them off that kick.

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts